New Delhi, 06 May 2019
‘Inspiring Growth: People, Cities, Economies’ is the main agenda of the 12th Astana Economic Forum (AEF) which is scheduled to be held on May 16-17, 2019 in Nur-Sultan, capital of Kazakhstan. The forum which is expected to have 5000 participants will host a platform for the global leaders & international experts to discuss the most important challenges to the global economy.
This forum will help Kazakhstan to seek advice from the top international experts in the field to draw recommendations and to discuss new ways of sustainable growth, human capital development and strengthening the potential of cities as international centres of knowledge and innovation. Considering India’s good economic relations with the Central Asian country, this forum seems to show signs of synergy. The participants will get the chance to witness panel sessions, round tables, conferences and business dialogues where key focus will be the following.
- Sessions with the participation of the country’s leadership
- A roundtable of ministers of finance, heads of central banks of the Caucasian & Central Asian countries
- Mongolia & member states of the Eurasian Economic Union chaired by the IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde
- Cyber and Digital Security-2019
- Water as a Factor of Economic Growth
- Security in Central Asia session
- Global Silk Road-Mayors Forum under the G-Global auspices
- OECD country review
The Kazakh ambassador to India told Diplomacy Today,”Kazakhstan is the most strategic trade partner of India in the region. For the first two months of this year, bilateral trade between the countries amounted to 265.7 thousand dollars, recording a 50.4% increase from the same period last year”. He further added, ” Kazakh-Indian relations have shown a prospect of development with cooperation where Kazakhstan will continue extending its hands towards strengthing the bond between Indian and Kazakhstan.”
The annual central business event in Eurasia since 2008 which has been recognised internationally for improving and developing the world economy and financial system. Have a look at the guest list for the forum 2019.
- 2500 foreign delegates from 100 countries of the world
- Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund Christine Lagarde
- President of Armenia Armen Sarkissian
- UN Under-Secretary-General
- Executive Secretary of the Economic and Social Commission for Asia
- Pacific (ESCAP) Armida Alisjahbana
- CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board of Sberbank of Russia Herman Gref
- Chair of the Nokia Board of Directors Risto Siilasmaa
- Line ministers of Russia, Hungary, India, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Poland, China, Tajikistan, as well as representatives of the UN, IDB, UNIDO and others
Global Desk, Diplomacytoday.in